PROJECT HOME MAKEOVER
Muhammadiyah x EDUdebt x Yoshiko
On 10 Oct 2020, a joint-initiative by our members from Zon Barat and local biker group Yoshiko helped to beautifully transformed a 1-bedroom flat in Ang Mo Kio. The volunteer bikers engaged in home improvement efforts such as repairs, cleaning, painting, disposal of unused items and replacing of new furnitures. These items were kindly sponsored by one of our partners, debt solution company EDUdebt and generous donors.
The owner, Mdm Syintia Ayustina, a 42 year old single parent of three children, is one of Muhammadiyah Association’s beneficiaries and has been receiving welfare assistance from the organisation for the past few years.
Mdm Syintia lost her husband earlier this year due to a critical illness. She used to work at a school canteen but was forced to leave her job to take care of her husband after he had to undergo amputation of his lower limb five years ago. The family had since received financial assistance from the Social Service Office (SSO) and MUIS as their only sources of income.
Mdm Syintia shared with us, “We are extremely grateful (for this home makeover). These are things we couldn’t have managed to do on our own. We are all very happy with our ‘new’ home, especially the bedroom, it means a lot for my children.”
Yoshiko organises home makeover projects as one of their group efforts to give back to the community.
We would like to thank all volunteers, sponsors, donors and everyone who have helped made this a reality. This would not be possible without your kind support!
Benefiting the community together
Follow Our Socials
You can find us on these platforms too!
- Asatizah Development
- Free religious classes and programmes
- Promoting positive moral values
- Inter-faith dialogues
- Combating extremism
- Addressing societal issues
- Muhammadiyah Kindergarten
- KABA Weekend Madrasah
- Madrasah Al-Arabiah Al-Islamiah
- Muhammadiyah Islamic College
- Biasiswa Muhammadiyah (Scholarship)
- Assistance to low-income families
- Assistance to underprivilleged students
- Jenazah Management Services
- Projek Sinar Ihsan – Fostering Agency
- Muhammadiyah Welfare Home (MWH)
- Muhammadiyah Health & Day Care Centre (MHCC)
- Muhammadiyah Senior Activity Centre – SAC (Yishun)
- Advance Care Planning (ACP)