The Fatwa Committee opines that adopting a child for families who are capable and ready to do so is a need that we cannot afford to ignore.
Islam is a religion of rahmah (compassion). In Islam, every child is born with a pure natural disposition (fitrah), as reflected in the Hadith of the Prophet pbuh which was reported by Imam Muslim: “Every child is born on natural disposition (fitrah).” As such it is important that each and every child is cared for with justice and compassion.
In fact, Prophet Muhammad himself was fostered by his paternal Uncle Abu Talib. The Prophet was also known to adopt children and one of His Companions, Zaid ibn Haritha was brought up as an adopted child within his household. It is part of the Islamic tradition of contributing to the greater good of society.
Fostering provides a safe and secure home to aid children in their recovery from trauma and to form positive relationships. It is a temporary care arrangement and the end goal is to reunite foster children with their natural families once it is assessed to be safe to do so. A child is best raised and nurtured in a family-based environment.
Hence, those who are capable to do so should step forth to volunteer in this noble initiative of providing children with the best home environment for them to grow into well-rounded adults and contributing individuals.
Interested to take up fostering?
- Meet Us
Level 3 [email protected], Wisma Geylang Serai
1 Engku Aman Turn, Singapore 408528
Mon-Fri: 12pm to 8pm
Sat: 10am to 2pm
Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
Benefiting the community together
Follow Our Socials
You can find us on these platforms too!
- Asatizah Development
- Free religious classes and programmes
- Promoting positive moral values
- Inter-faith dialogues
- Combating extremism
- Addressing societal issues
- Muhammadiyah Kindergarten
- KABA Weekend Madrasah
- Madrasah Al-Arabiah Al-Islamiah
- Muhammadiyah Islamic College
- Biasiswa Muhammadiyah (Scholarship)
- Assistance to low-income families
- Assistance to underprivilleged students
- Jenazah Management Services
- Projek Sinar Ihsan – Fostering Agency
- Muhammadiyah Welfare Home (MWH)
- Muhammadiyah Health & Day Care Centre (MHCC)
- Muhammadiyah Senior Activity Centre – SAC (Yishun)
- Advance Care Planning (ACP)